Friday, January 18, 2013

Project "Back on Track" Day 5

That. is. IT! The holiday shenanigans are FINALLY OVER!

After a few crazy hectic months of work lunches and dinners, Christmas parties, New Years parties, eating, shopping, family gatherings, and etc...everything is now slowly returning to normal. I have to admit, everything that I worked so hard for "pre-tournament" is now all gone :( I've lost all my muscle definitions, gained weight, and eating whatever I want whenever I want it. I didn't do ANYTHING since end of November. No gym, no kung-fu, no healthy eating, NO NOTHING!. I told myself at that time: "I work damn hard all year long, so screw it! I'm going to dive in this head first. The holiday insanity is coming anyways so I'll be consistently exposed to bad food and no time to work out...why even stress about it? I'll deal with it when all of this is over"

Well Ladies and Gents...it's now over LOL! Mid January, it is now and I only got back into the gym on Monday. I can't tell you how EXCRUCIATINGLY HARD it was for me to get my mind back in the healthy zone. A simple pair of forgotten socks would've gotten me home instead of the gym. I would've found ANY excuse to NOT go to the gym...ANY!! After years of studying my own behavior and how to counter it's bad habits, I unfortunately had packed a pair of socks, shoved them in my shoes which I ALWAYS leave in the car in case I ever forget to pack my socks into my gym bag. So Monday was my first day back to the gym.

I find it easy for me to go into it slow, consistent, and progressive. For example, on my first day back all I did was run on the treadmill for 30 min (5 min of light running, 4 X 5 min intervals at high pace with 30 sec rest in between, and 5 min cool down.) You know you are out of shape when your body gets sore the next day from a simple 30 min run LOL! So I took a few days off until my body felt no pain...2 days to be exact. Yesterday, I went back to the gym and did the exact same routine. Today. No soreness. I also forgot to mention that I have not yet changed my eating habits. Throughout the week I have been keeping in mind to eat somewhat healthier and at more appropriate times, but I still indulge in eating out and whatever left over I might have from eating out. Today I shall be returning to the gym for another 30 min run...and it shall be so for the next month. Next week, I shall kick start a better eating routine as well as returning to Kung-Fu.

I know A LOT of people just dive right in like an ON and OFF switch...but I find it to hard of a shock on the body and therefore need more time to rest and heal before you can continue your work out regime on a consistent basis. But as they say..."To each its own." that IS as long as they actually do it.

In the meantime, I will continue to log my progress and my routine for whoever wish to follow as well as for myself to read the next time i have to do this all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment