Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Back on Track" - Day 8

Yesterday was the day  that I had assigned myself to go back on a healthier diet. Here is my intake log:

9 am: 2 toast with a slice of cheese and a coffee 
11 am: Wasabi flavored nuts and a cup of water
1:30 pm: 1 sandwich (2 slices of bread, slice of cheese, lettuce, turkey, and mustard) a cup of V8 Tomato juice, and a Babybel. 
6:30 pm: Protein Drink
10 pm: 2 Breaded Chicken Breast stuff with broccoli and cheese topped with tomato sauce and a cup of milk

My work out consisted of a 30 min interval run on the treadmill at the gym, then a 15 min stretch, an hour of sparring session, and ended with an hour of kung-fu hand forms and staff forms.

I weighted myself yesterday morning at 163lbs, which is a 5 pound gain from my peak of 157 lbs before I left for Malaysia. 

Onto the mental aspect of my training. Staying motivated on the treadmill was getting more difficult this time around. If it wasn't for the fact that I was doing interval training... I would've been bored out of my mind. 30 min felt like 45 mins...and I can already predict that by tomorrow, I will be dreading going on the treadmill. I believe that the best way for me to counter this feeling, is by watching a movie or a show on my Tabphonelet ( I have a Galaxy Note, hence the name given). Hopefully that will distract me long enough that I won't feel the time slooooowly pass by and before I realize it...30 min would have just zipped by. 

Going back to Kung-Fu was definitely exciting. It's been about...2 months? since I started my "winter hibernation" mode. Going into my first sparring match, I felt refreshed and pain free :) My mind was clear and open to new tactics...it felt truly...rejuvenating :) 

As for the aftermath, I do feel a bit of soreness this morning but nothing that I wasn't expecting and should still be able to continue my workout after work today. Today I plan on doing 20min of cardio with a full upper body work out with free weights. I'll give you guys an update on how that went tomorrow. 

This concludes day 7 of 31 for my "Back on Track" Project. Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment