Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 10 - 13 - Back On Track

Sorry for the late post, it's been a ridiculously busy weekend. Anyhow,  the following day I ended up going back to the gym. I started with a good 20 min run on the treadmill which included a good 5 min warm up, by the time I hit 10 minutes I was already dying...it was EXTREMELY difficult to continue the jog on the treadmill for a continuous 15 min on 6.5 speed. I even tried watching an episode of Family Guy on my phone while running, but that only distracted me in the beginning...closer to the end of my run, i couldn't focus on anything else but the time.

I then hit the free weights. I didn't go straight for the weights that I use to do before my break, I didn't want to cause to much trauma to my muscles, so I started light with 25lbs and 30lbs weights. My routine for now consist of 3 sets of:

10 reps of rows with 30lbs,
10 reps of bench press with 30lbs,
10 reps of shoulder raises with 25lbs,
10 reps of triceps extentions with  30lbs.
10 reps of hammer curls with 25lbs, and finish with
10 reps of upright rows with 50lbs bar

With a 1 min break between each set.

I usually do 4 sets but considering it was my first day back...I started again with 3 sets. My body wasn't as sore as I had anticipated so i'm pretty happy with the fact that I was smart with my routine. Since i don't exactly have a deadline to attain, i can pretty much take my time without making my body suffer too much :) Right after the gym, I went to Kung-Fu class which is about medium lvl intensity for a good 2 hours. I took a protein drink before the class to last me until dinner, or my body would've probably started to eat itself lol!

Day 11 and 12 were rest days for me, as I was getting my body back to 100% to go snowboard all day on day 13, which I may add was AMAZING and a great way to burn calories all day!!! :) Although I probably gained it all back with the food and alcohol i had at the cottage...was all worth it :) :) On a more serious note...I really need to take my diet more seriously lol! Damn you good food!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment