Monday, August 8, 2011

Back On The Drawing Board

After a week going by since my return, I do feel like my old self is coming back. I've had a lot of time to analyze my fight through videos, people's comments, memory, and feeling and I have to say that I'm not so dissapointed anymore. Just like Sifu said, it wasn't that I was weaker and lost or beat by a much more skillfull fighter, but it was that my opponent had more aggression and thirst for the win then I did. I'm not trying to bring down my opponent's skills, or his win on our match at all. He was strong, had great posture and he beat me fair and square. All that I'm trying to say is that I could've performed better if my strategy and my mind set were all there.

I rushed straight forward, head on against a bull when I should've been like a Torero or Matadore and wait for the bull to come to me and then STRIKE! Take my time, pick out openings or creating my own so I can sneak a punch or kick here and there. Keep moving around my opponent as they strike, so I can see what type of fighter they are. Understand their timing better, and what they like to use in terms of combinations and preferences such as kicks or punches.

Obviously it sounds easier said then done specially when I was also lacking, before AND during my match, "Peace". By "Peace", I mean peace of mind, keeping myself calm, cool, and collected. I found that very hard to do, instead I would listen to hardcore House, Techno, and Trance music to get myself pumped up for the fight. When really I should've looked for inner peace and tranquility. I'm sure this applies to a lot of you out there, but I found that I can perform much better when I'm feeling calm and relax even when I know there's a 185lbs guy swinging huge hooks towards my face.

My gameplan this year is to achieve that type of "Inner Peace" and like I said in my previous post, I will try to achieve that by participating in more tournaments, whether they are local or provincial or whatever I will be there. I also believe that I need to "Up" to intensity of my sparring. I need to feel that fear of getting hit so that I can truly see what my true capabilities are when my emotions are taking over the bests of me. Then I will be able refine my training and truly understand what I'm doing wrong...or right, correct it or emphasize it.

P.S.: Thank you to everyone who's been by my side and helped me get out of this depression. It always feels good to know that I have great family and friends to hold me up when I'm feeling down. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment