Friday, August 10, 2012

Back On Track With The Training Wagon

After 2 weeks of healing, taking some time to relax and indulging myself to whatever I feel, it is now over. I'm back onto my training regime and getting ready to go to represent Canada in Malaysia for the World Championship. At first I was hesitant on going due to the fact that it's only in two months, but also the fact that I don't have that kind of money to go there AND I had JUST booked a vacation to go to Vietnam with my dad. 

Luckily ALMOST everything has fallen in its rightful place and my odds of going has tremendously increased. My first day back to work, all of my co-workers and my boss asked how my tournament went, so I showed them the videos of my fights. They were all very impressed and proud of my efforts and I told them I had qualified to fight for Canada in the World Championship in Malaysia. They all without any hesitation told me to go or more like I HAVE to go. My Boss even called me into his office to let me know that he will support me to go compete and that he will find a way for me to take the time required for me to be there. 

I spoke to my travel agent and we were able to accommodate my flight to Malaysia and Vietnam without any real trouble.

Now all that I have left to do is find the funds for me to go. Two months to get ready for the this tournament and find sponsors and do fundraisers to send me to Malaysia and compete. I can't express how stressful it all really is, but thanks to some of my friends who are taking the initiative in helping me organize fundraisers and find sponsors to send me over there. It definitely is a huge help and relief to have such a supporting home team. I am truly grateful to have such friends. 

In the meantime, my main focus is getting my body and my mind back on track. So I am back to training 6 days a week, on average 3 hours per session and following a strict nutritional plan. Wednesday was my first day back into training and you can't imagine how horrible it was. It was basically like trying to get off the couch after watching TV all day and having to get ready to go out at night. Anyways, all I'm really trying to say is...Here we go again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment